The Bureau of Labor Statistics has determined the occupational fields that will virtually guarantee a job for those graduating in the next few years. Choose your career wisely.
Although the high unemployment rate of recent history has moderated to about 3.5% in the first quarter of 2020, laid-off workers from the lingering recession are still competing for a relatively small number of jobs. But while in some professions employment options seem bleak, there are other fields that hold much promise for future graduates. According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), these are the fields that will virtually guarantee a job for those graduating in the next few years:
- Home Health Aide
- Medical Assistant
- Physician Assistant
- Network System and Data Communications Analyst
- Computer Software Engineer and Application Designer
- Environmental Science and Protection Technician
- Water and Liquid Waste Treatment Plant and Systems Operator
- Court Reporter
- Veterinary Technologist or Technician
For information on job duties, educational requirements, and pay, read this article.